homehomeaboutthepurplechaisestorycontactblogrolldiyprojects

Monday, July 16, 2012

Steppin' Out Saturday | Here Comes A Tony!!

Saturday Kallie and I went to see her first Broadway show, Peter Pan!! I cannot even explain how excited I was. I was actually a little nervous because I didn't know if she would enjoy this amazing experience as much as I wanted her to.


 Not sure what she's looking at! Haha!


In college, every summer I worked at Dallas Summer Musicals. A perk to working there was that I got to watch as many shows as my heart desired. I literally saw Moving Out 27 times! It's my favorite. Hairspray, Wicked, Les Miserables, Mamma Mia, Phantom of the Opera, and many more. 


We got to the music hall around noon and went straight to the Kids Club event. Kallie enjoyed making a crown, an eye patch, dancing around with Radio Disney, eating an ice cream sundae and meeting some of the Peter Pan cast. 


 Yum, yum! Ice cream sundae!

Playing the magic piano!

 She wanted the sword!

Kallie wanted me to wear her crown & show off her photo taking skills!


After getting our tickets, we went in and waited for everyone to take their seats for the show to start. I am happy to say that Kallie LOVED it! Her eyes were lit up the entire show. She even cried a little during the intermission because she thought it was over. Her favorite character by far was Tiger Lily. She loved how she flipped around, sang and danced. She was constantly asking where Tiger Lily was. She is very excited to start gymnastics in the fall so she can flip like Tiger Lily! I see a Tony in Kallie's future!





We will for sure be making future trips to the music hall. Next up, Lion King!

1 comment: