homehomeaboutthepurplechaisestorycontactblogrolldiyprojects

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

BIRCHBOX: May

Yay for  some Birchbox! I just received my very first one in the mail and I am oh so excited! Do you get Birchbox? If you don't, what are you waiting for? 

This month they were doing a promotion with the the CW Network's show Gossip Girl. It was very fun.

Here's what I got in my Birchbox:

1. Dr. Jart + - Waterfuse BB Cream
Think of this four-in-one moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin-perfecting tint as the (extremely stylish) Swiss Army Knife of your beauty lineup. Full-size $32

2. Color Club - Nail Polish in Disco Nap
Give nails a gilded look with this luxe metallic polish. Full-size $8

3. Atelier Cologne - Vanille Insensee
Rich and sophisticated, this boutique brand's vanilla scent is infused with a splash of lime and coriander. Full-size, $65-$175

4. twistband - Hair Tie
Give your ponytail a makeover with these colorful, snag-free elastics. 12-pack, $18

5. fresh - Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15
This cult favorite has a subtle rosy hue, plus natural super extracts to exfoliate and smooth lips. Full-size $22.50

EXTRAS:
notecard
Text messages are no match for handwritten notes on fun, modern stationery. Set of 12, $10

(Descriptions provided by note card in Birchbox.)

LOVING: 

The Atelier Cologne is AMAZING! I am about 99% sure I will be purchasing a full bottle of this once my sample runs out. Smells so yummy!

The fresh tinted lip treatment is equally AMAZING! My best friend has a full size version and she was all about it before I saw it in my box. Knowing I now had one to try I was ecstatic. I'm pretty impressed with the packaging of it as well. Might be making this a future purchase.

NOT SO MUCH LOVE:

The twistband hair tie I could take or leave. I am impressed with how comfortable it is in my hair. I hate getting those headaches caused by my freaking hair tie. These you can't really feel but I think they are WAY overpriced and if you have thick hair you can't really wrap them around your ponytail too many times. I might consider these for Kallie because she has thin hair and she wouldn't complain about feeling it. I would make them myself though.

The Dr. Jart + cream. There really isn't much in the sample and I can't really tell a difference in my skin.

Verdict is still out on the Color Club nail polish. I plan on testing it out tonight on a at home pedicure. I LOVE the color though. I'm sure Kallie will be getting a pedicure too once she sees me doing one on myself. She will probably love it as well.

UPDATE: The Color Club nail polish is a definite DO! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!



Already counting down the days until my June Birchbox comes in!

No comments:

Post a Comment