homehomeaboutthepurplechaisestorycontactblogrolldiyprojects

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Come On Back Now, Ya Hear...


I don’t really get much time to watch much television having a 3 ½ year old. I somehow sneak in bits and pieces of Ellen, Cupcake Wars, and Grey’s Anatomy in between Winx Club and Little Bill. There are a few shows that I do not miss though. I think of something to distract Kallie somehow long enough to watch them. Don’t worry, they are always DVR’d in case I miss something.

I have come to love two new shows this year. I was worried that they weren’t going to get renewed and was pleasantly surprised to find out that they are returning!!

Hart of Dixie

{via pinterest}

                       “Fast-talking New Yorker and brand new doctor Zoe Hart has it all figured out - after graduating top of her class from medical school, she'll follow in her father's footsteps and become a cardio-thoracic surgeon. But when her dreams fall apart, Zoe decides to accept an offer from a stranger, Dr. Harley Wilkes, to work with him at his small practice in Bluebell, Alabama. Zoe arrives in this small Gulf Coast town only to find that Harley has passed away and left his half of the medical practice to her in his will.

{Via IMDB}

How can you not love Rachel Bilson? She plays the character of Dr. Zoe Hart. I never really watched her on The OC but I’ve always been a fan of her fashion sense. I fell in love with her personality on this show. It might be because I see a lot of myself in her. She is very vulnerable to men, I think maybe due to the fact that she doesn’t have a stable male figure in her life. I’m not vulnerable to men due to this fact. Mine is because I choose to fall in love with ones that can’t love me back.

My other favorite part of this show…the men. Oh. My. Lordy. Good-looking is an understatement. Scott Porter (Friday Night Lights) plays George Tucker. Bluebell’s lawyer who is a perfect match for Zoe but engaged to Lemon Breeland, played by Jaime King. He is the cutest thing. I also found out recently that he is engaged to a girl who went to UT. How can you not love him after knowing that? Texas girls are awesome!!


{via pinterest}

The other heart stopper is Wilson Bethel. He plays Wade Kinsella who is the bad boy bartender that instantly falls for Dr. Zoe Hart but rebels against it because he thinks she is out of his league. 


{via pinterest}

If it comes right down to it, my vote is for Zoe to choose George Tucker. Swoon. You did read correctly that he is ENGAGED. You will have to watch to see what I’m talking about. Healthy drama people. Healthy. Drama.

The season finale was great! I was getting a little fed up during the season because they would always tease you with all these almost kiss moments and then give you nothing. The last couple of episodes really delivered though. You’ll have to check it out to know what I’m talking about. I will be buying the first season on DVD.

Once Upon a Time



“Centers on a woman with a troubled past who is drawn into a small town in Maine where the magic and mystery of Fairy Tales just may be real.

{Via IMDB}

Who doesn’t love a fairy tale? I live with a little princess so she actually loves this one. It takes place in two times, yet the people are in both of them.

In one world, aka Fairy Tale time, you have Snow White, Prince Charming, Little Red Riding Hood, The Evil Queen…you get my drift. Kallie loves this part because she is one of these characters on any given day of the week. The fire breathing dragons don’t hurt either.

The other worlds, present day, has all these same characters but are known “as other aliases.” They don’t know who they are either, except some of them do. It is a curse brought on by the evil queen and/or Rumpelstilskin. A woman is brought back into the town, Storybrooke, to break the curse.

It can get a little confusing, I know. I think it is genius and cannot believe it hasn’t been thought of before. This show also has some great actors. Ginnifer Goodwin from Big Love plays Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard, Jennifer Morrison from House plays Emma Swan, the woman to brought in to break the curse, and Eion Bailey from Center Stage plays August W. Booth/Pinocchio. I hope they make Eion a regular, very talented and a cutie. Josh Dallas, who plays David Nolan/Prince Charming is nice to look at and equally as talented.

I cannot wait until next season to see who they bring in to play the classic characters from my childhood. Who am I kidding, I should be saying my life now. I watch Sleeping Beauty and Alice in Wonderland on the regular with the little munchkin. They have only touched on a few of the characters and it will so interesting to see who is next. I believe Belle played by Emilie de Ravin (wahoo Roswell love!) might be a key player next year, or I hope she is. I don’t believe this show could go wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment