homehomeaboutthepurplechaisestorycontactblogrolldiyprojects

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Violet! You're turning violet, Violet!

I always think of Violet from Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory when I think of my favorite weekend! The Blueberry Festival weekend!!

This past weekend Kallie, my Dad, Tammy and I went to Nacogdoches to enjoy all the festivities with the Garlington's! It is one of my favorite weekends of the entire year. Kallie has been every year she has been alive. A little tradition I have started with her.

We drove down Friday afternoon. We always stay with the Garlington's who are my second family. Stacey cooked a wonderful dinner and we chatted and swam afterwards. It's always so fun catching up with them. We had lots of wedding talk going on since Taylor and Sydney are both getting married soon!

Chelsea made these yummy treats for dessert!

The next morning we got up and went to the festival bright and early. We always like to get there to make sure we get our blueberries for the year and to make sure we don't have to wait too long in the blueberry pancake line.

Blueberry pancake line! Wowzers!

I think there were more people this year because this was the line at 8:15 am! See the red building in the right corner? That's where you get your pancakes. This was the longest we have ever had to wait. 

 Kallie with Robert & Ty!

Kallie getting some shade thanks to her Papa!

The wait was TOTALLY worth it! Yummy!!

After we ate our pancakes we did a little bit of shopping. I decided this year I wasn't going to spend that much money because I was already in money freeze mode but knew I wanted a little something to add to my office. I always try and find something fun to add to it from there.

 Awesome Ghost Chairs I saw for $198 each! I was SO TEMPTED!! I may go back in August and get one for my birthday if they still have them. That is actually an awesome price!

Stacey & Chelsea purchasing "old" luggage that was in amazing shape for an even more amazing price!

The AWESOME crowns I got for my office. In LOVE.

My office decor I got last year!

After the festival we went home, relaxed and took a 2 hour nap. I haven't taken an afternoon nap like that in forever!! It felt very nice and I should probably take them more often! Kallie actually slept for 3 hours! I had to force the child to get up to go to dinner. We went to The Jalapeno Tree in town and I enjoyed myself a very LARGE margarita and some delicious fajitas. I'm drooling just thinking about them.

Worth every last calorie!!

We went to bed pretty early that evening and got up and headed home after a yummy homemade breakfast. When I got home I bagged up all my blueberries and put them in the freezer to I can eat them year round.

The blueberry goods! We bought 3 flats!

All bagged up for the freezer!

The weekend was amazing as always! We are already counting down the days until next year!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun, especially that margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the crowns for your office! this festival looks so fu- what a great tradition :)

    ReplyDelete